Sundays are always a good day to cook up something delicious for breakfast. The recipe I’m going to share today probably sounds like a crazy recipe based on the name, but believe it, it’s good! This is a make-ahead recipe where you refrigerate it overnight before baking it.
24-Hour Wine and Cheese Omelet Casserole
1/2 Loaf Day-Old French Bread, cut into small pieces
3 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter, Melted
1/2 Lb. Shredded Swiss Cheese
1/4 Lb Monterey Jack Cheese
6 thin slices Italian Salami, coarsely chopped
8 Large Eggs
1 3/4 cups 2% Milk
1/4 cup Dry White Wine
2 Green Onions, Minced
1/2 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
1/8 tsp. Freshly Ground Pepper
1/8 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
1 cup Sour Cream
3/4 cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Spray a 13×9 Baking Dish with Cooking Spray.
- Add the cut up French bread pieces and spread evenly in the pan.
- Drizzle with the melted butter.
- Sprinkle the Swiss cheese, jack cheese and salami over the bread evenly.
- Beat together the eggs, milk, wine, green onions, mustard, black pepper and cayenne until foamy. Pour into pan.
- Cover with foil, crimping the edges.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Pre-heat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Bake covered until set, about 1 hour.
- Uncover and spread the sour cream on top.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 10 more minutes until crusty and lightly browned.
- Serve and enjoy!